Sunday, 23 June 2013

Glossybox June 2013

Glossybox June 2013

I apologise that my blog has been a little lacking in beauty posts recently. Starting a new job, having several busy weekends and ensuring I keep up with the 30 Day Snap challenge have left me little time to really sit down and do some proper blogging. I am currently planning a few posts to get up very soon  as I have got my hands on some products I am excited to try.

Now that's out the way, there is one thing I need to post about this month and that is June's Glossybox.

Helen E Cosmetics Lip Waterproof Protective Lip Liner - full size £8.00 for 1.3g
Monu Professional Skincare Hydrating Moisturiser SPF 15 - full size £29.95 for 50ml
Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Lip Balm - full size £5.00 for 12.5ml
MeMeMe Cosmetics Eye Inspire Mono Eye Shadow in Dusk - full size £4.99
John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Serum - full size £6.29 for 50ml

I love the pretty packaging of the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm. When I first saw it, it reminded me of the L'Occitane hand creams. This does have a nice pink tint once on the lips - a lot less subtle than when it comes out the tube.

As much as I feel like I have so many moisturiser samples, I am really pleased with the Monu Hydrating Moisturiser. It applies nicely to the skin and is a good sample size to keep in your handbag or take on holiday. The scent is quite fresh and slightly herbal - don't think this would be to everyone's taste.

The John Frieda Frizz Ease Original Serum is for medium to coarse frizzy hair. This is far from my type so I am not sure how much this product would do for my hair. I will probably still give the serum a go but will probably pass on to someone who might find it more useful.

Lip liner is not something I have really used but I think this colour will go well with some of the lipsticks I own. I like the texture and think it will apply really well to the lip.

Finally, the MeMeMe eyeshadow has great pigmentation and blends well. I would have preferred a different shade as I already have several grey/black shades in my make-up collection but this had made me want to try other shades offered by MeMeMe.

Overall, this month's box has been a bit mixed for me. Although the theme was Summer Looks, I feel like they could have included some brighter coloured products.

What did you get in your Glossybox this month?

Ellen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment