Sunday, 19 January 2014

L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre

Wild Ombre
It's been a long time since I dyed my hair or tried out a new hairstyle. I always worry that I won't like the change, especially when it comes to chopping hair off! Whilst I have been trying to grow my hair to allow me to experiment with curls, waves and updos, I thought I would take the plunge and add a bit of interest - ombre style!

The L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombre kit is really straightforward with step-by-step instructions. Once you've mixed the Lightening Powder, Development Creme and Lightening Creme, all you have to do is apply to the applicator brush provided and brush through the ends of your hair. Depending on how light you want your hair to be, 25 to 45 minutes later you can rinse, use the Conditioning Shampoo and rinse some more - ombre mission complete!

Though it is something that you can do yourself I decided to rope my Mum into this as I admit I was a little scared! We applied the dye just below ear level - enough to make a significant change to my hair. Application took around 15 minutes and we left for another 15 minutes to develop. I could see the colour change by then and decided to rinse before it went too blonde!
Wild Ombre
Overall I am really pleased with the result and how easy it was to get there. Turned out quite a nice honey blonde/brown. Looking forward to styling with curls or waves for that beachy look!

Ellen xx

3 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job, it looks just as good as we've seen in the salons!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it gives a really natural finish! I love it!


    xo Mélane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never be brave enough to do my hair at home but I like how pretty yours turned out <3
    By the way I miss reading your blog post and hope you will come back soon to write new ones!
    xoxo
    Berry ♥ Stylish | Sierra Calah  

    ReplyDelete